Simon Jordan has labelled Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizzani as ‘arrogant’ having met him at the Qatar World Cup last year.

The former Crystal Palace chairman was writing in his latest column for the Daily Mail, where he claimed Radrizzani’s ‘attitude’ could be a reason for Leeds’ ‘dysfunctional’ season.

Radrizzani currently owns a 56% stake in the Whites having gradually sold more and more of the club to San Francisco 49ers Enterprises in recent years, who own the remaining 44%.

Leeds United v Charlton Athletic - Sky Bet Championship
Photo by Alex Dodd – CameraSport via Getty Images

Given both now own a significant amount of the club, that has undoubtedly led to some conflict of interests at board level, none more so than the £35 million January addition of Georginio Rutter.

With Radrizzani now close to buying Italian side Sampdoria, 49ers Enterprisers are in talks over a full takeover in the event of Leeds’ relegation, with a deal already having been agreed upon survival.

Radrizzani blasted as ‘arrogant’

TalkSPORT pundit Jordan claimed he spent time alongside Radrizzani out in Qatar for the World Cup at the end of 2022.

It has to be said, it is of little surprise that Radrizzani has been described in this way, with the 48-year-old having become renowned for his deluded takes.

In an interview back in August with the Athletic, Radrizzani described it as ‘impossible’ for Leeds to be relegated.

Leeds United v Newcastle United - Premier League
Photo by Robbie Jay Barratt – AMA/Getty Images

On deadline day last summer he announced Bamba Dieng’s arrival at the club prematurely, a deal which ended up falling through. He also claimed Leeds would return for Cody Gakpo in January, which was never likely to be the case.

Jordan said: “Having spent time with Radrizzani at the World Cup in Qatar, I have to say he is not the most endearing of fellas. I have great admiration for his acumen in the media world, but he struck me as arrogant, off-hand and slightly away with himself.

“He was like a marginally more sophisticated version of former QPR owner Flavio Briatore. He had the old ‘look at me, I’ve just arrived in the room’ mentality.

“That sort of attitude might be why deals have been so difficult to conclude for Leeds and why mixed messages have been sent out at this dysfunctional, incohesive club, because leadership has to start at the top.”

It’s best for all parties that Radrizzani is out of the door at Elland Road.

The Italian has managed to destroy all the good work he did under Marcelo Bielsa in the last two years and it is past the stage where supporters are willing to forgive him.

Related Topics

Have something to tell us about this article?
Let us know